As a Commonwealth Corps Alum, you have access to a variety of resources:
- In-person events for Alumni:
- Build your network at events open to alumni, such as our new Alumni/Member Mixer in August, MSA’s State House Day, June’s Celebration of Service, alumni panels, or other events to come.
- SAVE THE DATE: Alumni/New Member Mixer on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 (~4:30 in the greater Waltham area, details TBA).
- E-introductions and other connections to relevant alumni/friends of MSA:
- Contact MSA to connect with a particular person/organization.
- MSA’s listserv with announcements about programming/resources:
- Sign up at www.mass-service.org under “Sign Up for Updates” (in ithe bottom right corner of the front page).
- The CC Newsletter, plus an online version specifically targeted for alums:
- Read about current members/sites and see highlights about what other alumni are doing post-service.
- Social Media Networks for the CC Community:
- Make sure to sign up for our Facebook and LinkedIn groups.
- Access to resources and prior trainings:
- As an alum, you maintain access to MSA’s resources from the trainings and handouts from your service year, plus a growing library of webinars and other resources. These are available here.
- Scholarships and rewards specifically for CC/Service Alumni (see below).
Scholarships for CC Alumni
- The Heller School for Social Policy and Management at Brandeis: The Heller School is pleased to offer a guaranteed $10,000 scholarship to Commonwealth Corps alumni admitted to one of their master’s degree programs. The application fee will be waived for all Commonwealth Corps alumni.
- Brandeis International Business School: CC Alumni can apply for IBS’ Volunteer Service Scholarship, which“recognizes applicants who have had significant volunteer experience.” The typical award amount is $10,000 per year, but this can be in addition to other scholarships for which an applicant may qualify.
- If you see other scholarships for service members, whether they specify Commonwealth Corps or not, try to apply for those opportunities and emphasize your service experience!
MSA will continue to try to expand the scholarships and other rewards specifically available for CC Alums.
List of Professionals in the field willing to do informational interviews
Please check back later for information on professionals in the field willing to do informational interviews.